Broccoli Chicken Casserole (Using Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup)
Recipe By: Barbara Burrell and inspired by multiple other recipes.
I will add a photo as soon as I can. I actually have one that I just have to pull off of my camera's hard drive :)
I use a homemade Cream of Chicken Soup Mixture to make my soup to eliminate preservatives and sodium. This soup mixture tastes leaps and bounds better than anything that comes in a can. The recipe for the soup mixture creates more than what you need for this recipe. Store it in an airtight container for easy preparation for when your next recipe calls for Cream of Chicken Soup.
Cream of Chicken Soup Not From A Can
2 Cups Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
3/4 Cup Cornstarch or All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup Low-Sodium Instant Chicken Bouillon Granules
1 TBS Onion Powder
1 TBS Mrs.Dash Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning (or you can use 1 Tsp Dried Basi & Thyme)
1/2 tsp Pepper
1. Blend all ingredients together in a food processor.
2. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
3. When you are ready to make soup. Combine 1/3 Cup Mixture with 1 Cup Water to equal 1 can of soup.
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
4lbs Boneless Chicken Breasts (or less if you prefer/ I have a large family size and we enjoy the leftovers)
1 Bag of Broccoli (16 oz)
2 Cups of Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup (see above recipe)
1 Cup Mayonaise
3/4 Bag of Cheddar Cheese or use the full bag if you prefer the extra cheese.
1 Cup of Jasmine Rice Cooked
1. Boil Chicken for about 30 minutes or until done.
2. Place Chicken on Cutting board to cut into slices or cube.
3. Place Chicken in XL Glass Pyrex Pan
4. Salt & Pepper Chicken to taste
5. Pour uncooked Frozen Broccoli (or you can use fresh also) on top of chicken
6. Evenly distribute rice over broccoli.
7. Evenly distribute cheese over rice.
8. Combine Mayo with the Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup Mixture (I usually do this while it is still hot on the stove that way it mixes up easy).
9. Evenly distribute Mayo/Cream of Chicken Soup Mixture over the cheese making sure to get around the edges.
10. Take a large spoon and spread the mixture around.
11. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.