Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Asiago Peppercorn Macaroni Salad

Asiago Peppercorn Macaroni Salad
Recipe By: Barbara Burrell


Note *Picture to be added at a later date (sorry we wiped this out before I had a chance to snap that photo) I promise that the next time I make it I will add a photo. I know I am a visual person and love photos with my recipes too.


This is a new take on traditional macaroni salad. I just wanted something full of flavor and that had a fun party on my taste buds. This macaroni salad does just that. It is peppery and cheesy and delicious. My children love it as does my husband and myself. I think this will be our new summer favorite.



Ingredients:


1 16oz box of Macaroni
1/2 Green Bell Pepper diced
1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper diced
1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
1 Small Onion diced
1 Small Tomato Diced
1 TBS Salad Supreme (from McCormicks)
8 oz Colby Monterey Jack Cheese Shredded (or your favorite cheese)
1/2 Package of Garlic and Butter Crutons (optional)
1/2- 3/4 Jar of Marzetti Asiago Peppercorn Salad Dressing


Directions:

1. Bring a stock pot of water to a boil on stove top. Add in Macaroni. Cook until tender. Do not overcook the pasta (you do not want a mushy pasta).

2. Drain and place in medium to large resealable bowl.

3. Place Pasta in refrigerator or freezer just long enough to chill.

4. Diced Green, Yellow, Red Bell Peppers and Onions. Place in a bowl and set aside.

5. Dice Tomato and gently mix in with the Peppers and Onion mixture.

6. Pull Pasta from refrigerator and season with Salad Supreme. Add in Diced peppers,onions and tomato mixture along with the shredded cheese and crutons. Toss Gently to combine.

7. Pour Asiago Peppercorn Dressing over the mixture and mix to coat evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment