Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Jalapeno Bacon Cornbread




This recipe was first shared with me via one of my best online Paint Shop Pro buddies of all time :D

Astrid I love ya girl! This recipe has been a favorite in my house for a number of years now! All thanks to you!

By the way: Jiffy Mix is made right here in Chelsea, Michigan (our neighbors just a few minutes away) and they give tours to the schools each year. The kids always have fun going there and bringing home a box of jiffy mix cookies, muffins,etc
There is a really cool book with alot of old photos sharing the history and stories of how Jiffy Mix was created also. Jiffy Mix A Family Tradition
No pic of the book but it is nice: It is a hard cover thick book full of old black & white photos and interesting stories. How do I know this? I read parts of it while sitting in the Temporary Agency lol. I am going to have to grab this from the Library. I really would like to read more.


OK now on to the recipe:



Jalapeno Bacon Cornbread
shared by: Astrid Fletcher
Shared By: Barbara Burrell
http://1blessedcook.blogspot.com


Ingredients:

2 Jiffy Cornbread Mix (I have tried other brands and I think Jiffy is the best)

1 Chopped Onion

1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese

10 Jalapeno's (seeded & diced) (I usually use about 10 slices of pickled jalepeno's diced up)

1/2 lb of Bacon (cooked & crumbled)

3 Eggs

2/3 Cup Milk


Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly in Large Bowl.

2. Pour into a greased Pan (Cast Iron works great although not necessary).

3. Bake at 375 until done. (Usually when you see the edges pulling away from the sides of the pan and the top and sides are a nice yellowish brown color)


Suggestion: This is great with alot of dishes.
One of which is Pinto Beans for the Non Pinto Bean Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment