Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Crockpot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches

Crockpot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Recipe By:  Barbara Burrell
email:  1blessedcook@gmail.com
Created:  11/16/2013

I have been craving Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches for a while now.  I finally decided to make my version of them.  These were so good!  My family raved over them!  My son said that they were the best that he's ever had.  He said that he felt like he was at a restaurant.  I told him Welcome to Mama's Kitchen! :-)  The boy like's my food! lol.  I hope that you will give them a try! 

Picture Coming Soon! 

INGREDIENTS:

2 Packages (6 count each) Sizzlers Frozen Meat.  (I find these in the frozen meat section at my local Meijer's store)  They are by the frozen turkey's.  In case you are unfamiliar with what they are, look at the picture below the ingredients list here.
 
1 Package Lipton Onion Mushroom Soup Mix
2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Container (16 oz) of Chicken or Beef Broth
2 Large Onions, thinly sliced
2 Cans of Mushrooms (with liquid)
2 Medium to Large Green Bell Peppers, sliced in strips
12 Slices Provolone Cheese
12 Hoagie Style Buns


CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE

DIRECTIONS: 

1.  Add the following ingredients to the crockpot and turn on high for 4 hours or until done.
Sizzlers, Lipton Soup Mix, Worcestershire Sauce, Broth, Onions, Mushrooms, Bell Peppers.

2.  Once the food is cooked you can either use a slotted serving spoon and add the crockpot mixture to the buns and top with cheese or you can drain most of the liquid and add all of the cheese to the mixture and stir and then top the buns with everything.

TASTY HINT:  I like using a mixture of Mayo, a little pepper, a little salt, a small amount of garlic powder and a little cayenne to spread onto my bread before adding the meat and vegetable mixture.  I really have never measured it out but I just add a small amount to give it some more flavor.




No comments:

Post a Comment