Pages

Friday, October 08, 2010

Army Birthday Cake


Today is my youngest son's birthday. Elijah turns 7 years old today! He has grown up so much and it's sad how time flies. I remember when he was just a tiny lil guy.
He couldn't decide between a soccer cake and an Army style cake so seeing as his presents consist of alot of the Army stuff I wanted to make the Army Cake for him. This is something I would much rather do using fondant but I just didn't want to fuss with fondant. It's definitely something that you need to plan ahead for. Sometimes fondant is great to work with and othertimes it can be a real hassle. I do think fondant is gorgeous and makes a prettier cake though :)
That said, here's my late night attempt at putting together an Army Cake for Elijah. I think it came out ok. I see areas that could use smoothing and what not but it is an Army cake and I figured rugged is ok lol. Most importantly my little guy loves it and that's all that matters. I really enjoy making my kids birthday cakes instead of buying them. It's more personal and heartfelt. No matter how they look your kids seem to always love when you make them. Today is going to be a great day for his birthday! The sun is shining the weather is expected to be 77 degrees (This is awesome for Michigan fall weather) and there's no school today! How awesome is that? School decided to take the day off on Elijah's birthday :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIJAH! WE LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TODAY!

1 comment: