Barb's Beef Enchiladas
By: Barbara Burrell
1 1/2 lbs of Ground Hamburger
1 medium onion, chopped
9-10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1 8 oz Pkg Shredded Taco Cheese (Use 2 pkgs to make it more cheesy)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
16 oz (1/2 container of 32 oz carton) Beef Broth
1 cup sour cream
½ Packet of Taco Seasoning
8 Slices of Jalepenos (jar/pickled style) diced
2 Roma Tomatoes (Diced)
1 Cilantro (Palm full minced)
1. In saucepan cook beef and onion together over medium-high heat until onion is sauted and beef is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
2. Divide cooked beef evenly between each tortilla and add cheese evenly to each tortilla about 2 TBS works well. Drizzle Taco Sauce about 1 Tsp over mixture.
3. Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9x13" baking dish.
4. Melt butter in the same saucepan that you warmed the meat and onions in. stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly, add taco seasoning and whisk together until blended well.
5. Gradually whisk in beef broth then bring to a boiling/bubbling consistency stirring frequently until thickened.
6. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, tomatoes and jalepenos and cilantro. Pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
7. Top with remaining cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.