Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Rick's Special Buttercream Frosting


MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE BUTTERCREAM RECIPE :)

*Note: My use of Butter is always Unsalted Butter unless otherwise mentioned*

MY SHORTENED REVIEW & TIPS:
WARNING: It is hard to stop eating this icing once you sample it :D I love it!

Heavy whipping cream is used in this recipe and is the best choice for flavor. However, if you are out or do not have any on hand here is a good substitute that I highly recommend. I have used it many times. NOTE: If you half this recipe make sure and half these amounts as well.
Heavy Whipping Cream: 2 TBSP Melted butter (then cooled to at least room temp) and milk (appx 4 ounces to make a total of 6 ounces).

I use all Shortening as recipe calls for & Add 2 tsp vanilla extract along with 1/2tsp Wilton Butter Flavor. NOTE: Again if you are halving the recipe then remember to half these amounts also!
I always beat the shortening for 10 minutes before adding powdered sugar and once the sugar is added I allow it to get to a fine meal texture before adding the vanilla,salt,butter flavoring and whipping cream or it' substitute.

I have tried alot of buttercream frostings and this one is definitely the BEST! I will not use another. Optional: I do not use it very often but if you would like it you can add 2 tsp of Meringue Powder


Rick's Special Buttercream Frosting

My Photo Will Be Added Soon :)
Shared By: Barbara Burrell
http://1blessedcook.blogspot.com



Prep & Ready Time: 30 minutes

Original Recipe Yield 7 cups (If you are only interested in doing a simple cake or cupcakes (24) this recipe can be halved successfully and that portion is enough to cover 24 cupcakes.

Ingredients
2 cups shortening
8 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions
In a mixing bowl, cream shortening until fluffy. Add sugar, and continue creaming until well blended.

Add salt, vanilla, and 6 ounces whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened.

Add additional 2 ounces whipping cream if necessary. Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment