Pages

Friday, January 09, 2009

Donuts / Doughnuts



I love this recipe! Seriously you have to try this stuff!
If you have a bread machine and you love donuts you have to try it.
My bread machine broke recently (sigh) but I have used my Kitchen Aid Mixer with the dough hook attachment and I think that works well with this recipe also.
I will post the glaze recipe for the donuts separately. I do have some ideas for some Jelly filled ones as well but have not tried those yet so I will not post them until I have tested them first.

*Note* I am not responsible for any weight gained when using this recipe (haha).

The picture is of my donuts and both were delicious but I think GLAZE ICING was my favorite.

Bread Machine Doughnuts
By: Lvs2Cook
Jan 25, 2006
Shared By: Barbara Burrell
http://1blessedcook.blogspot.com


An easy recipe for homemade doughnuts. These are light and airy and delicious.

2 dozen (change servings and units)

Ingredients
* 1 1/4 cups milk
* 1 beaten egg
* 1/4 cup shortening
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 1/2 cups white flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast

Directions
1.

Measure ingredients and put into your ABM baking pan or use a KitchenAid Mixer with Dough Hook
2.

Select dough setting and start machine.
3.

Roll finished dough to 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a 2-1/2 inch donut cutter (biscuit cutter, drinking glass, vegetable can anything that will cut the circles.  I use bottle caps as the center hole cutter usually)
4.

Let rise, covered, 30 minutes or until doubled.
5.

Deep fry in fat at 375 degrees.
6.

Turn doughnuts as they rise to the surface. Fry until brown on both sides.
7.

Drain on absorbent paper towels. Either glaze or dust with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment