Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies
Recipe By: Barbara Burrell
(sorry no pic but I will upload one when I get the opportunity to make these again)
"Yet another one of my recipes that was inspired from others"
These have the perfect minty taste. They will remain soft unlike some cookies that
get hard after sitting.
1/2 cup butter softened (no substitutes)
3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate or 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder *this
step can be omitted but it will be less chocolaty and more like the color of a regular
chocolate chip cookie with mint choc chips in it.)
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup buttermilk (trust me you will not even know its in there lol)
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 bag Andes Mint Baking Chips (or use the whole 10 ounce bag) your preference.
1. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth.
I prefer to melt my chocolate in a metal bowl sitting in hot water and stirring
personally but either method will suffice.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat sugars and egg; add buttermilk. Beat in chocolate mixture.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture.
3. Add Andes Mint Baking Chips Let stand for 15 minutes or until dough becomes firmer.
(I prefer to stick mine in the freezer for about 15 mins to firm up and I leave
it there in between baking sessions).
4. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm and slightly brown.
Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.