Pork Chops In Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Recipe Created By: Barbara Burrell
You can easily half this recipe to fit your needs (I have a large family so I made enough for us plus a little extra for leftovers).
If you do half the recipe make sure you still use the flavoring of both soups just use 1/2 can each. I highly recommend the Golden Mushroom as it really does make this dish.
My husband loves this dish.
10 Medium-Thick Boneless Pork Chops
(*tip when you find bonless pork tenderloin on sale buy that and cut it up for boneless porkchops)
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can Golden Mushroom Soup
2 Cups Milk
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp White Pepper
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Mrs.Dash Onion & Herb Seasoning (can use Garlic & Herb as substitute)
2 TBS Shortening (more as needed)
1 Medium Onion Sliced into Rings *OPTIONAL*
1. Place Flour, Salt, Peppers, Garlic Powder & Mrs.Dash Seasoning in Medium Mixing Bowl.
Gently Whisk ingredients until combined.
2. Mix Milk & Soups in a 13x9 Pyrex Baking Dish thoroughly until combined with a fork or whisk.
(It may look chunky and that's ok, just get it mixed up the best you can)
3. Preheat Cast Iron Skillet (preferred method) on Medium High Heat. Add 2 TBS shortening into the pan (continue to add as needed later).
4. *Optional* Add Onion Slices to oil and cook thorougly. Remove and place into casserole dish with milk mixture from Step 2.
5. Dredge Pork Chops in the Flour Mixture until evenly coated on both sides.
6. Place Pork Chops in Skillet and cook on each side until browned (about 4 minutes...don't worry if it is not completely cooked through as they are going into the oven last to bake)
7. Place Pork Chops into the Pyrex Baking Dish and spoon soup mixture over them.
8. Bake in 375 degree Oven for about 35 minutes.
9. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
**Side Suggestions: Dinner Rolls, Veggie and Mashed Potatoes or Stuffing.