Mexican Tortellini Soup
Recipe Created By: Barbara Burrell
November 10, 2013
2 TBS Vegetable Oil
1 Large Onion, diced
3 TBS Pickled Jalapeno Peppers from a Jar (diced)
1 Can Re fried Beans Traditional Blend by Old El Paso
1 Carton Mexican Tortilla Flavored Broth by Swanson 32 oz
1 Can Petite Diced Tomatoes 28 oz
2 Cans Whole Kernel Yellow Corn (15 oz x 2)
2 Pounds of Tortellini (Ricotta & Parmesan Stuffed)
4-6 Cups Chicken Shredded (Precook & Season with Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder)
2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
1. Add oil to large pot and turn the heat to medium high.
2. Add diced onions & peppers and cook until tender.
3. Add re fried beans and stir into mixture until heated through.
4. Add broth, tomatoes, corn, tortellini and chicken to pot. Cook until tortellini is done and all ingredients are heated through. Approximately 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve in bowls topped with shredded Mexican cheese.