Barb's Shredded BBQ Pork or Beef Sandwiches
Recipe By: Barbara Burrell
1-Medium Sized Beef Roast about 3 lbs or 1 Full Pork Loin
1- package McCormick Slow Cookers BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup of cider vinegar
1-Beef Bouillon Cube
1/2 cup Country Bob's Sauce (you could substitute bbq sauce)
http://www.countrybobs.com/ (Get a free bottle) It's yummy stuff
1- Onion Sliced
1-Green Pepper Sliced
1-Package of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese (optional)
1-Package of Hamburger Buns or Sliced Sandwich Bread.
1. PLACE beef in slow cooker.
2. MIX Seasoning, ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar until blended. Pour over beef. Add Enough water to Cover the roast.
3. COOK (This really varies from the cut of meat you have. I suggest placing it in the crockpot the night before when you head to bed. Leave it on Low for 10 hrs and when you wake up it should be easy to shred if it isn't place back in the pot and cover with water (until the roast is almost completely covered and cook until tender enough to shred.)
4. Drain off all liquid, SHRED beef, using 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker; add Country Bobs Sauce mix until coated on the meat, add onion,pepper and beef bouillon cube and enough water to barely cover the bottom of the crock (appx 1-2 cups just enough to keep it from burning/sticking), and let simmer until vegetables have softened and make sure all liquid has absorbed if it hasn't drain off any excess liquid.
5. Serve on Bread or Buns while warm w/shredded cheese (optional)